•3 lb large organic butternut squash (peeled chopped)
•1-2 TBSP extra Lucini virgin olive oil
• pink salt, pepper, and organic garlic powder to taste
•1 cup dried organic cranberries (add more if you want)
•2-3 TBSP honey plus extra to taste
•1/4 cup finely crumbled organic feta
*1/2 cup organic roasted & salted pistachios (add more or less to taste preference)
•ground organic cinnamon to taste
•fresh or dried organic parsley to garnish, optional
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Lightly drizzle or spritz a baking sheet with olive oil.
3. Add cubed squash to the sheet along with another drizzle of olive oil.
4. Sprinkle with a light layer of pink salt, pepper, and garlic powder, based on taste preference.
5. Roast at 400 F for 25 minutes on the center rack.
6. At the 25 minute mark, pull out the oven rack, and add your dried cranberries to the roasting pan.
7. Return to the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cranberries have started to soften, resembling really juicy craisins vs fresh firm cranberries.
8. Remove from oven and add a sprinkle of cinnamon (approx. 1/8-1/4 tsp depending on preference) along with feta and honey. I listed the honey measurements I used, but sweeten to taste. With the dried cranberries, less may be better. If you choose to use fresh cranberries, you may want more honey.
9. Garnish with parsley for a burst of color and dig in while it's hot!
Feel free to use dried or fresh cranberries for this dish.
Dried will be sweeter so you'll need less honey, while fresh will have a delightful punch of tartness to pair with the buttery squash and sweet honey. Let your taste buds be your guide and have fun with it! This is not only delicious but visually colorful and festive!