2 TB unsweetened cocoa powder (non-alkalized)
2 TB Just Like Sugar, Swerve, or Xylitol
1⁄4 t aluminum-free baking powder
1 large pastured, omega-3 egg or Vegan egg
1 TB heavy cow cream or coconut milk
1⁄2 t pure vanilla extract
1 t salted French, Italian, goat or buffalo butter, goat ghee OR coconut oil
1 TB organic smooth or crunchy almond butter
1. Put the cocoa powder, sweetener, and baking powder in a small mixing bowl. Using a fork, whisk to combine, and mash up any clumps of baking powder.
2. Put the egg, heavy cream (or coconut milk), and vanilla extract in another small bowl, and whisk to combine. (Because cream is 100 percent fat, the cow breed doesn’t matter like it does with milk – it’s the protein portion of the milk that is impacted by the casein A-1 mutation in most cows).
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
4. Grease the bottom and sides of a 4-inch-diameter ramekin with the butter. Pour in the batter.
5. Microwave on high for 1 minute 20 seconds and remove. Soften the almond butter in the microwave oven, drizzle over the top of the cake, and serve.
VEGAN VERSION: Replace the cow cream with 1 tablespoon coconut milk or coconut cream. Replace the butter with 1 teaspoon coconut oil. Replace the egg with 1 Vegan egg.
I recommend adding a couple of walnuts to the batter and strawberries on top! :)