Slow Cooker Balsamic Shredded Beef
Servings: 8 people
3-4 lbs grass fed pot roast or short rib with bone removed
2 whole organic yellow onions large and sliced in half moons
2 cups organic carrots sliced into 2-inch pieces
1 cup organic mushrooms, sliced (optional)
1 cup organic celery, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
1 cup organic beef stock or broth
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 6 oz. can tomato paste gluten free
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp black or white ground pepper
1 tsp Himalayan salt (pink salt)
2 whole Bay leaves
1. Prep onions, carrots, celery & mushrooms and add them to the bottom of your slow cooker.
2. Mix garlic powder, pepper and pink salt in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Lightly coat the meat with the spice mixture and place in the slow cooker on top of the veggies.
4. Heat up stock (or make it from 1 cup water 1 bullion, gluten free cube) in a small pot. Once it’s almost boiling, add entire can of tomato paste and vinegar. Stir until incorporated well.
5. Once all the meat is inside of the slow cooker (it’s possible to use multiple pieces in this recipe), pour hot mixture over top.
6. Add bay leaves by tucking them down opposite sides of the slow cooker so that they are in the meat rather than laying them on top.
7. Place the lid and set the slow cooker to LOW. Cook for about 10 hours (i.e. overnight).
8. Meat will be very tender, fragrant, and will easily shred with a fork when done. Before shredding the meat, make sure to remove the bay leaves. Then use two forks to pull the meat apart.
9. Enjoy with the sauce or separate the meat and use on it’s own.
This dish freezes well. Make sure to keep the liquid in with the meat when you freeze it.