Chicken Vegetable Skillet
Easy One-Pan Meal! That will leave you satisfied with no mess left in the kitchen.
- 4 slices of bacon or prosciutto, chopped
- 1 pound boneless skinless pasture-raised chicken breasts, cubed
- 3/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and diced organic butternut squash
- 2 cups halved organic Brussel sprouts
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 organic granny smith apple, diced
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup low sodium pasture-raised/organic chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dried organic cranberries
- 3 tablespoons toasted organic pecans, roughly chopped
- Heat skillet over medium heat and add in the chopped bacon or prosciutto. Cook the bacon/prosciutto until crisp and remove with a slotted spoon onto a plate lined with paper towels. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the grease and discard the rest.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high with the tablespoon of leftover grease in the skillet. Add in the cubed chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken through, approximately 4-5 minutes, then remove onto the plate with the bacon.
- If needed add another 1-2 teaspoons of avocado or olive oil to the skillet, then add in the onion, butternut squash, and Brussel sprouts. Season lightly with salt and pepper and sauté-sear for approximately 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Add in the garlic, poultry seasoning, cinnamon, apple. Stir together and cook for another minute.
- Add the chicken broth to the skillet and scrape the bottom with a wooden spoon to loosen any brown bits.
- Add the chicken and bacon back into the skillet, along with the dijon mustard and maple syrup. Then stir together and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens a bit. Taste for seasoning.
- Remove from the heat and top with the dried cranberries and chopped pecans. Enjoy your Chicken Vegetable Skillet!
For another super easy treat click here!