Cranberry-Macadamia Protein Bites
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 3/4 cup raw almonds or almond meal
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (unsweetened if you want them to be paleo)
- 6-7 pitted, chopped medjool dates
- 1/2 scoop grass-fed Australian or New Zealand Vanilla Whey Protein (*we use Grass-Fed, Hormone-Free Udder Bliss brand)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- In a high-speed blender, Vitamix, or food processor add half of the macadamia nuts and almonds.
- Next, layer protein powder and half of the cranberry and dates with vanilla and salt
- Lastly, add remaining nuts, cranberry and dates.
- Pulse at high intensity, starting and stopping until everything starts to come together.
- Scrape down the sides several times and add up to 1 tablespoon of water if necessary.
- Remove the mixture pouring it into a bowl. Take a small amount, about 2-3 teaspoons, and form a ball in your hand. Once formed, place on a sheet of parchment. Freeze the bites for 5-10 minutes. Place into an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator. *Enjoy!
For another bite site treat check out this recipe!