- In a medium pan on medium heat, melt and stir butter until browned, stirring often so as not to burn. Remove from heat and add to bowl to cool.
- Add sweetener and vanilla until well blended. (I use Just Like Sugar or Monk Fruit)
- Stir in almond flour, ground hazelnuts, and salt until a firm dough is formed.
- Roll dough into a 2-in. cylinder and wrap in plastic wrap. Place dough in the refrigerator at least 30 min., until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease paper with butter; set aside.
- Unwrap chilled cylinder, slice dough into 18 cookies, and place cookies on a baking sheet.
- Bake until firm and lightly browned, about 10 min.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet 5 min., then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. These are so wonderfully crunchy & yummy!
Nutritional Information (per serving of 1 square): About 105 calories, 10 g fat, 3 g protein, 2 g carbs, 1 g fiber
For another favorite desert click here.