- 2 lbs. small organic Brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 3-Tbsp. avocado or olive oil
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp. salted pistachios
- 2 Tbsp. date molasses syrup
- 1 tsp. honey
- Zest of ½ lime
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Lime wedges (for serving; optional)
- Heat a large pan on the stove to medium-high heat then add 2-3 tablespoons to the pan. Toss brussels sprouts and oil in a large bowl to coat; season with salt and pepper. Add brussels sprouts to the pan, cut side down to start. After 10 minutes or so, drizzle a bit more oil over Brussels. When they’re deeply browned and roasted on the cut side, flip them and continue to cook until done. (Total cook time will be 35+-minutes).
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the butter starts to foam, add pistachios and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring often, until nuts are golden brown and butter solids are browned for about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer nuts to paper towels; let cool. Coarsely chop.
- Meanwhile, bring date-syrup molasses, honey, and lime juice to a simmer in the same skillet over medium heat (this will happen quickly), swirling pan to emulsify. Add 1 Tbsp. water and swirl to emulsify, scraping up browned bits with a wooden spoon. Add cooked brussels sprouts; toss to coat.
- Transfer brussels sprouts to a platter. Toss nuts, lime zest, red pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt in a small bowl to combine; scatter over brussels sprouts. Serve with lime wedges if desired.
Do ahead of time
- Brussels sprouts, glaze (without water), and pistachio mixture can all be made 3 hours ahead. Do not combine. Reheat glaze over medium heat until bubbling before adding water and brussels sprouts.