Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs Recipe with Green Beans – is sure to be a repeat recipe in your household! This paleo, low carb, keto-friendly chicken thighs recipe is EASY to prepare and cook. Chicken thighs and green beans are cooked in one skillet for easy prep and the flavor combination is incredible. With only 25 minutes of total work, this nourishing chicken meal makes weeknight dinners a breeze…especially when the kids are back in school and afternoons are busy with helping them with homework!
INGREDIENTS LIST FOR THE LEMON GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN THIGHS AND GREEN BEANS SKILLET
- 3 – 6 skinless, boneless pasture-raised organic chicken thighs
- 1 pound (450g) organic green beans trimmed
- 3 tablespoons cultured-organic butter (Vital Farms or Organic Valley), divided or (ghee for paleo diet)
- 2-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon organic paprika
- 1 teaspoon organic onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pink salt and black pepper (Frontier brand is great!)
- Juice of 1/2 organic lemon + lemon slices, for garnish
- 1/2 cup (125ml) organic, pasture-raised chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon organic crushed red chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped organic Italian parsley
1. In a small bowl, combine onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Season chicken thighs generously with the spice mixture. Set aside while you prepare green beans.
2. Arrange green beans in a steamer and pan beneath filled 1/4-1/3 way water. Cook until the beans just begin to soften.
3. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet or cast iron pan over medium-low heat. Lay the seasoned chicken thighs in one layer in the skillet. Cook for 5-6 minutes then flip and cook another 5-6 minutes, until cooked through and a cooking thermometer displays 165°F (75°C). If chicken browns too quickly, lower the heat. Adjust timing depending on the thickness. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
4. In the same skillet, lower the heat and melt the remaining tablespoon of butter. Add chopped parsley, garlic, hot sauce, red crushed chili pepper flakes, and pre-cooked green beans and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring regularly, until cooked to your liking. Add lemon juice and chicken stock and reduce the sauce for a couple of minutes, until slightly thickened.
5. Add cooked chicken thighs back to the pan and reheat quickly. Adjust seasoning with pepper and serve immediately, garnished with more crushed chili pepper, fresh parsley, and a slice of lemon if you like. You’re sure to get rave reviews!
TIPS FOR THE CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPE
- Remove chicken thighs from the refrigerator about 15 minutes before cooking to bring them close to room temperature.
- We use boneless and skinless chicken thighs because they render less fat and cook quicker than bone-in. It is also easier to rub the spice mixture deep into the chicken meat.
- Season chicken just before cooking to prevent drawing out moisture and drying out the meat. If you want to let it sit longer, omit the salt from the spice mixture, and add it 10 minutes before cooking.
- You can add crispy bacon to the green beans for a nice flavor.
- You can use chicken tenders instead of chicken thighs. They’re delicious and cook faster! Just keep an eye on it so they don’t overcook and dry up.
For other great chicken recipes click here.