Ingredients for Pumpkin Protein Bars:
- 1 1/2 cups organic pumpkin, NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 6 pasture-raised egg whites (or 3/4 cup egg whites)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup, plus more for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon organic pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder (I use “Udder Bliss” brand from New Zealand via Amazon)
- 1/2 cup Just Like Sugar or PureCane Sugar Substitute (or whatever sugar substitute you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice, plus 2 teaspoons
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill GF old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup roasted pecans, chopped (*to roast pecans, spread them on a baking sheet, bake at 375 degrees for 7-minutes)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper, spraying with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the pumpkin, egg whites, maple syrup, and vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, stir together the protein powder, PureCane Sugar Substitute, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add the protein powder into the mixture, along with the quick oats, and stir until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out evenly. Sprinkle with chopped pecans and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Bake until the center feels set and pulls away from the side, about 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool completely at room temperature and slice into bars and serve! Super-yummy and protein-packed snack!
- Bars can be stored at room temperature for 2-3 days and then refrigerated.