DELICIOUS and FAST Salmon & Asparagus foil packets!…
- 4 salmon fillets, skin on or off
- 1 pound organic asparagus spears, ends trimmed off and discarded
- 1/3 cup pasture-raised or cultured butter, melted
- 1/3 cup fresh organic lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, (or 4 large cloves garlic, minced)
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, finely chopped (or dried parsley)
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2/3 cup fresh grated manchego (12-month aged) or parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven or barbecue (grill) following instructions below.
- Place each salmon fillet in the center of one 12×18-inch heavy-duty aluminum foil piece. Divide the asparagus into 4 equal portions and arrange next to the salmon on each foil piece.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, lemon juice, garlic, and parsley. Pour the garlic/butter mixture evenly over each piece of salmon and asparagus; season with salt and pepper to taste, and top each pack with the cheese (about 3 tablespoons per pack).
- Tent with foil, tightly sealing the edges to prevent the butter from being leaked, to create a foil packet.
For The Oven:
- Bake in preheated oven to 200°C | 400°F for 15 minutes, or until cooked to desired doneness. For a crispy top, broil for 1-2 minutes extra until Cheese is golden.
For The Grill:
Grill, covered on medium-high heat for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked to desired doneness.OPTIONAL: For a crispy top, broil for 1-2 minutes extra until Cheese is golden.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges and garnish with extra parsley.
- This is such a quick to make and flavorful recipe. Pairs well with some cauliflower rice.
Find more wonderful dinner recipes here!