Arugula, Avocado & Sweet Potato Salad
This roasted sweet potato salad recipe is a delicious lunch or side dish! If you’re making it in advance, wait to add the dressing and the avocado until right before you eat.
- 2 Roasted sweet potatoes, (cubed)
- 1 recipe Tahini Salad Dressing, (below)
- 4 cups organic arugula (We like the Organic Girl brand)
- ⅓ cup crumbled organic valley feta
- 1 organic avocado, sliced
- Lemon wedge, for squeezing
- 3 tablespoons toasted pistachios (pepitas can be substituted)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Tahini Salad Dressing Recipe
*This tahini dressing is fantastic on almost any salad, but your options for using it don’t end there! Drizzle it over roasted veggies, grain bowls, and more. Find additional suggestions in the post above.
Ingredients for salad dressing:
- ¼ cup smooth tahini*
- 3 tablespoons water, more if needed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
Instructions for salad dressing:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini, water, lemon juice, olive oil, maple syrup, sesame oil, garlic, and salt until smooth.
- If the dressing is too thick, add more water, ½ tablespoon at a time, until it’s a drizzleable consistency.
*For the best results, use really smooth, runny tahini here, not the dry, stiff stuff that you might find at the bottom of a jar. Tahini’s consistency can also vary from brand to brand; our favorites are Soom, Cedar’s, Trader Joe’s, and Seed+Mill.
Instructions for constructing salad:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and roast the peeled and cubed sweet potatoes until they begin to caramelize. Allow to cool. Can make ahead.
- While they’re roasting, whisk the Tahini salad dressing ingredients together.
- Assemble the salad on a large platter with the arugula, a drizzle of dressing, the sweet potatoes, and feta. Top with the avocado slices and squeeze a little lemon juice over the avocado. Drizzle with more dressing and top with the pistachios or pepitas. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
This can be a delicious lunch salad or side for dinner!
If you like this check out other recipes by clicking here!